Photos

Post reports of moth sightings and reports from South West Scotland

Photos

Postby AlistairMurdoch » Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Iain,

can you please provide bullet proof instructions for posting photographs. I am sure you have already done so somewhere, but a thread dedicated to photos and photo related matters would be great,

Many thanks,

Alistair.
AlistairMurdoch

Re: Photos

Postby ron » Sat May 17, 2014 9:01 am

Would be nice not only for me but also others in the future, i think i understand the part between [img]----------[img]. The page i am on now if i press upload attachment it doesn`t work, if i enter the web address into the browse box it also doesn`t work so for me i`m at a loss.
Alistair thanks for starting this thread.
Ron
ron

Postby nickcandlish » Sat May 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Alistair and Ron,
After a great deal of trial and error I've got to grips with image hosting.....here goes.
The following applies to my system, Windows 7 Home Premium, used in conjunction with Photobucket.
1) Download images from camera (mine go to Fuji software)
2)Cut and Paste images into a Microsoft program.
3)Right click image and 'OPEN WITH' Microsoft Office Picture Manager. From top toolbar select EDIT PICTURES and resize to your chosen dimensions (I'm using 640x480) and save the changes.
4)Open Photobucket, click UPLOAD IMAGES, select the file containing the images, highlight the image/s to be uploaded (use Control for multiple images) click open and being well they will be copied into Photobucket.
5)To insert an image in a post there is no need to use Img from the toolbar above your post, simply have the blinking cursor at the start of a new line, open Photobucket on top of the post (don't try and minimise the post or you will loose it!).In Photobucket Left Click on LIBRARY then OPEN LIBRARY and your images will be displayed as thumbnails.Left click the image that you want to post and it will become full size, to the right of the image you will have a tool bar, one of the tools is IMG which will have a code starting (URL=http etc. etc. after it. Left click on the code and it will say COPIED.
6)Don't close or minimise Photobucket, Left click the Southwestscotland-butterflies tab to display your part written post, right click just to the right of the cursor, and Left click PASTE in the drop down.
7) The image title doesn't transfer with it so you simply type the image name in the line below the image code. This whole process can be done multiple times by simply switching between the Forum and Photobucket tabs.

It all sounds rather clumsy but once youve done it a few times it really is remarkably easy and quick.
One more thing....you don't see the images in PREVIEW, you have to SUBMIT the post to see the end result.
Hope this helps,
Nick.
nickcandlish

Postby AlistairMurdoch » Sat May 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Nick,

many thanks for your detailed instructions - I had better practice a few times.

Alistair.
AlistairMurdoch

Postby IainH » Sat May 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Alistair,

I agree, it was a very good idea to start this thread. Photobucket as suggested by Nick is a popular choice. Step by step instructions for posting from an alternative image hosting website are described at the link below:

http://www.threetowners.com/forum/viewt ... 26&t=11665

Iain
IainH

Postby ron » Sun May 18, 2014 8:29 am

Nick,
Many thanks for your instructions, downloaded photobucket and copied your instructions so hopfully to-day i will manage something.
Ron
ron

Postby ron » Sun May 18, 2014 12:49 pm

All,
I think now i have got to grips with posting photos
Tried a few programes and Photobucket came out best for me, photos can be resized in photobucket by selecting edit. Nicks instructions from para 4) is spot on, really took me several goes finding the tool bar on the right hand side took ages it just never seemed to register but when it did and i left clicked ( IMG bottom line ) every thing worked fine just as he said.
My May post will just leave as is, lets people see differance in photo sizes, i`m one happy bunny.
Ron
ron

Postby nickcandlish » Sun May 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Ron, et al,
So it wasn't a wasted hour after all !!!!
Looking forward to a rejuvinated forum, maybe just maybe it may encourage some of the people who view the posts to contribute... it really would help ensure that this forum retains some sort of critical mass.
Nick.
nickcandlish

Return to Moth sightings