July 13

Post reports of moth sightings and reports from South West Scotland

Re: July 13

Postby IainH » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi Ron,

Oh my, that was unexpected! I’m not sure anything I could say would be advisable or helpful here, so I shall simply express disappointment at losing the forum’s most prodigious poster and wish you all the best with your many and varied Girvan moth endeavours.

Iain
IainH

Postby nickcandlish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Ron,
Given 24hrs to reflect on this it seems that unintentionally I have caused you great offence, please accept my sincere apologies, there really was no offence intended.
Having never seen White-point I was interested to clear up the diagnostic features pertaining to it and The Clay for my own edification, with the benefit of hindsight I should prehaps have kept my findings to myself.
It was never my intention to belittle you or your ID capability. I'm sorry if my post appeared 'strident', it was not the way I intended it to be read.
I, like by your own admission yourself, am a relative beginner.....this is only my second year after a ten year layoff and I've got an awful lot of ID relearning to do, hence my interest.
I do hope that you will reconsider your withdrawl from the forum, it would be a 'dryer' place without your input!

Nick.
nickcandlish

Postby ron » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 am

Had
ron

Previous

Return to Moth sightings